About our Worship
When you visit St. David’s the first time, Anglican worship may be unfamiliar to you. Here are some tips.
- Our sacred worship involves everyone. We have no spectators.
- Our worship combines ancient and modern prayers in contemporary language with a variety of Christian musical styles.
- We read several passages of Holy Scripture because it is our foundation and our guide to Christian life.
- We hear preaching, we pray for others, and we join in a general confession where we speak our sins silently to God so that we can approach His altar with confidence and enter into Holy Communion with Him.
- We know that Jesus is truly present with us in our worship and in particular, as He has promised, in his Body and Blood in Holy Communion.
- All Christians baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19) are welcomed to receive Holy Communion. Those not baptized are invited to receive a blessing.